Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14, 2013 : What's New !?

  During most of my mentorship at the daycare I contributed by helping out three of the elementary students at Delovely daycare during homework time. From the beginning of the year I helped out one specific child named delilah who is in second grade. Overall she is a very bright kid, but has always struggled with reading and writing. As part of mentorship at the daycare, I have been tutoring her with her english. After all of the hard work we have both put in together, as of today delilah had been emitted into the Gate program (gifted & talented education). After hearing the appreciation from delilah's parents, I have realized how amazing it has been and felt to be part of this accomplishment and ofcourse my overall experience at mentorship.

Took Delilah and her friend to celebrate at Benihana restaurant for her accomplishment

No comments:

Post a Comment